This Asphalt Materials Inc. (AMI) project included the construction of two (2) winter tanks and three (3) polymer concentrate tanks. Additionally, we added an in-line blending system and truck loading station. AMI also leveraged Champaign Asphalt’s help with site grading and underground civil construction work.
The project started with the front-end planning and engineering work in 2020. Construction started in the spring of 2021 and was completed this past spring. There are several project benefits including:
- Additional winter fill capacity now available
- Ability to now do in-line blends
- Just-in-time supply from onsite polymer storage
- Satisfying customer requests when it comes to smaller orders
- Capacity to grow polymer products further
- Freeing up other assets for emulsion base blending and production to take place
A huge thank you to the personnel that made this project such a success! Mitchell Kovalsky, Luke Cahill, Chris Collenberger, Joe Benson, Carlton Moore & many others on the Emulsicoat team.