Sara Pieroni Emphasizes the Importance of Blood Drives 

Donating blood is an incredibly important and life-saving act of kindness. It can help save the lives of those in need. Blood donations help to replenish the blood supply, and may help those who are critically ill, an accident victim, someone having surgery, or receiving a transplant. Our very own Sara Pieroni was a transplant recipient in 2022 and therefore has firsthand knowledge of how important blood donations can be.  

I will say this is what helped me when I had my transplant. I was getting blood infusions weekly for a month or so, and sometimes 3-5 times a day. This is awesome! Thanks for sharing how important it is to give blood if you can, you never know whose life you are saving and helping. I am SO very blessed to have a company that supports this and makes it easy for people to contribute. I never realized how important and HOW MANY people depend on blood from the banks. My whole entire family aunts, uncles, and cousins are all regular donors now. 

Thank you, TEAM AMI! 

#AMIThankful 

– Sara Pieroni 

Our team partners with Versiti Blood Centers for our quarterly blood drives in 2023, and the first was held on March 21, 2023. The AMI blood drives have positively affected our community. In 2022 we saved over 1,000 lives and since the start of the AMI Blood Drive in 2020, we have saved over 3,000 lives. Our goal this year is to save 1,500 lives.  

To learn more about how you can get involved, visit: www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/ 

Read More

Meet Our New Implementation Director – Mike Capuano

AMI Robbins Road Building

What will you be working on in your new assignment? 

I will be supporting the operations team with compliance, training, best practice and improvement. I will help plant operators figure out how to streamline items and issues. As well as helping with onboarding new employees or bringing on new facilities. I’m excited about being able to work with all facilities in this new role.  

Read More

Iowa Team Makes a Difference at South Tama Elementary School

It is truly uplifting to learn about individuals dedicating their time and effort to make positive contributions to their communities. One such instance is the recent act of kindness by Rod Boldt and Danny Elsberry on the AMI/BITUMINOUS team, who volunteered their time and resources to help raise funds at the South Tama Elementary Booster’s School Carnival in Tama, Iowa. 

Read More

Wrapping Up WatchFor.Us!

April is not just the beginning of Spring but also marks the start of construction season. With more people traveling and construction projects getting started, it’s crucial to raise awareness about safety initiatives while traveling through job sites.

Read More

Construction Worker Safety is a Family Matter

The Scott Family Shares Personal Stories About Work Zone Safety

After more than five years, Indiana House Bill 1015, the work-site safety pilot program, has passed the Indiana General Assembly and now heads to the Governor’s desk for his signature. This pilot program places electronic license plate readers in active construction sites, monitoring for drivers exceeding posted work site speed limits by at least 11 miles per hour. First-time offenders will be mailed a warning, with second-time violators receiving fines of 75 dollars.

Read More

Worksite Safety Legislation in Indiana Passes

Program to Enforce Worksite Speed Limits

After five years of effort by our Government Affairs team and representatives from Heritage Construction + Materials working closely with lawmakers, the Worksite Safety Bill has passed in both the Indiana House and Senate. This law requires the Indiana Department of Transportation to establish a worksite speed control pilot program to enforce the worksite speed limit and that means safer worksites for our crews and drivers alike. Congratulations to everyone who contributed to this victory!

Read More